Thursday, September 25, 2008
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Friday, September 05, 2008
- Books available for purchase
- Book signing by the author
- Refreshments provided by Friends of the Library
Virgina is the author of 7 picture books in the "Warlord" series. The beautifully illustrated books explore informal lessons in math, geometry and science and are set in ancient China. The books are part of the California Board of Education's recommended reading list for K-12. Pilegard will discuss her trips to China for research while writing the series. Complimentary study guides will be available for teachers. Pilegard will also bring supplies and directions for participants to make a simple abacus. Children are welcomed to attend.
Questions??? Please call Gail Lucas at 582-0261 ext. 104 or e-mail email@example.com
Sponsored by Kings County Library and Friends of the Library
September 6, November 1, December 6, January 3, February 7, & March 7
- Free bus transportation to all 4 major Hanford Art Centers: The Carnegie Museum, Taoist Temple, Clark Center for Japanese Art & Culture, and the Kings Art Center.
- All Centers are open from 9:30 am to 3:30 pm
- Visitor fees to all 4 Art Centers are only $12 per person!!
- Tickets to all centers can be purchased at the Carnegie Museum, Taoist Temple, The Clark Center, the Kings Art Center, or the Hanford Visitor Agency.
For more information contact the Hanford Visitor Agency at 582-5024